Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We Day Reflection

We Day was the greatest experience any person could ever have. It was exciting and had lots of positive energy going around. I would have to say that my favorite speaker was Hannah Taylor. She witnessed something that she could not bear to see. She had no clue that it was going on around her. When she was only six years old she was a man eat out of a dumpster. She didn't like that. Later on when she was eight years old she started the Ladybug Foundation to help raise money for homeless people. Hannah Taylor is the speaker that inspired me to help make a difference in the world. The message that I would like to share with my mom and dad would be "you're never too young to make a difference" Craig Kielburger. From my experience at We Day I am now inspired to help raise money to help Free the Children! Spencer West says he is going to climb up Mount Kilimanjaro on his hands, that is redifining possible. I am going to redefine possible by not just sitting around and waiting for things to happen or follow what other people are doing. I am going to become a leader and get people to follow me so they can help too. I left We Day inspired to help make a difference.
-Madeline

Note: Madeline is taking action starting today! She has chosen to independently take part in the Vow of Silence to "stand in solidarity with children who are silenced by poverty, disease and exploitation." Way to go Madeline!


No comments: